Creative and tenacious, Jacqueline will work closely with her clients to arrive at the best solutions. She like to contribute to the strategic process and has a keen eye for spotting an opportunity, as well as the emotions, or the perhaps less rational aspects to negotiations or to a dispute. She has amassed years of experience with intricate infringement procedures and negotiating rates and takes a particular interest in copyright law and collective management.
Chambers Europe and Global 2023 Intellectual Property about Jacqueline:
Jacqueline Seignette advises media sector clients and anti-piracy watchdogs on copyright infringement cases and copyright tariff disputes.
Legal 500 2023 Intellectual Property and Media & Entertainment about Jacqueline:
Copyright law expert Jacqueline Seignette leads the practice, working on high-profile cases in the media and entertainment anti-piracy space as well as defending collecting societies in music-related competition disputes. Team head of Industry focus Media & Entertainment and experienced litigator Jacqueline Seignette assists clients on the impact of new technologies on the protection of IP.
Associations & Memberships:
– Member of the board Dutch Copyright Law Association (VvA)
– Member Comité Exécutif van de Associaton Littéraire et Artistique (ALAI)
– Editor Intellectuele Eigendom en Reclamerecht (IER) law journal
– Member International Association of Entertainment Lawyers (IAEL)
– Member VMC (Association of Media and Communication rights
– Member ITeR (Associations of Informationtechnology and Law)
– Member BMM (Benelux Association for Trade mark and Model rights