Höcker at the digital edition of Eurosonic/Noorderslag
Like each year, Höcker will be present at Eurosonic Noorderslag, the European music platform in Groningen. This year the event will – for obvious reasons – be held digitally.
Marijn Kingma and Charlie Engels will join the The International Association of Entertainment Lawyers (IAEL) panel “The top 10 legal developments for music in 2020 – and how to survive 2021.” Other panel members are Götz Schneider Rothhaar from Germany, Peter Marx from Belgium and Kate Allen from the UK.
The panelists will discuss the most important legal developments of 2020 and take a look at the light at the end of the tunnel in 2021. Specific cases will be discussed, but also more general legal developments that are relevant to the industry. Topics that will be discussed include:
- The implementation of the DSM Directive and what it means for the value gap;
- The judgment of the European Court of Justice in RAAP: what does this mean for remuneration for U.S. artists;
- The judgment of the European Court of Justice on SABAM’s tariffs for festivals;
- The new audiovisual media directive and how this will affect influencers;
- What happens to copyright in the UK after Brexit;
- COVID-19 and events – force majeur and the German voucher solution;
- COVID-19 and events – will event organizers be able to require proof of vaccination or a negative test result or will data protection law get in the way?
Höcker is proud to participate in the digital edition and our lawyers are already looking forward to having a beer at the Oosterpoort in 2022.