Herman is one of Höcker Advocaten's founding partners, able to enjoy more than forty years of experience as an attorney and more than twenty as a mediator. Herman is a former Dean of the Amsterdam Bar Association. He is very good at reading people and able to act in a directive manner through his experience as a mediator.
His services are often retained in intricate disputes such as share transactions, shareholder disputes and disputes between collaborating professionals, e.g. medical specialists, or legal service providers. He also regularly finds himself commissioned by the Enterprise Division of the Amsterdam Court of Appeal to act as its appointed investigator, director or supervisor.
Associations & Memberships (selection):
– Association of Corporate Mediators (ZAM) – Member
– District Court of Amsterdam (1983 – 2016) – Deputy Judge
– Amsterdam Court of Appeal (1991 – 2016) – Deputy Judge
– Enterprise Division of the Amsterdam Court of Appeal – Regular commissions as the court’s appointed investigator, director, or supervisor;
– Dutch Institute of Arbitration (NAI), Rotterdam – Arbiter (1992 – present)
– Amsterdam Bar Association – former Dean