Marijn is an incisive attorney with a wide range of interests. She specializes in information law, with a focus on copyright and privacy-related issues. Marijn enjoys getting stuck into intricate cases and takes a particular interest in matters of public interest, such as the Urgenda climate case. She represents a wide range of clients that includes collective management organisations, software developers, international entertainment companies and NGOs. Marijn is editor for the Dutch law journal AMI, an active member of the International Association of Entertainment Lawyers and a regular speaker at (national and international) conferences.
Chambers Europe and Global 2021 - Up and Coming Lawyer (Intellectual Property):
Marijn Kingma claims a clientele of broadcasters, media conglomerates and collective management organisations. Her attentiveness is highlighted by clients, one calling her "very responsive with a quick grasp of our issues."
Legal 500 2021 - Next Generation Partner (in the field of Intellectual
Property and Media & Entertainment):
"Litigator Marijn Kingma handles cases including those that reach the European Court of Justice; acting for clients including NGOs and broadcasters, she advises on privacy, contractual matters, trade mark misuse and copyright infringement."
Clients say "Marijn Kingma, is a woman for action, very convincing. She knows how to develop the best strategies", "always supportive, responsive, highly qualified and involved in the professional world", "accessible and pleasant to work with".
Memberships & other activities:
– Member of the International Association of Entertainment Lawyers (IAEL), co-editor of the 2020/2021 IAEL book “Nationalism vs Globalism”
– Editor of the Dutch journal on copyright-, media- and information law AMI
– Member of the Dutch Copyright Law Association (VvA)
– Member of the Association for Liability and Compensation law (VASR)
– Member of the Association of Intellectual Property Litigation Attorneys (VIEPA)
– Co-author of the IEC handbook on intellectual property law
– Member of the Board National Archeology Days Foundation